All of us want to keep a healthy and fruitful life. However, there are steps that we need to take in order to enjoy healthy living. There are six steps that you can take in order to enhance that.
1. Be physically active – Exercise is one of the most important aspects of our lives. Most of us are busy working that we find little time to exercise, but we need to take it as a top priority in our lives if we want to live healthily.
Exercise helps to alleviate sicknesses, like diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke. It helps to prevent high cholesterol, and helps to keep a tone muscle and gets rid of fats. It also keeps you young and helps de-stress all stresses daily.
2. Eat a balance diet – Food is an important component for healthy living. We are what we eat. We need to eat a balance diet in order to enjoy good health and be free from sicknesses. A balance diet consists of 40-35-25 diet, which is 40% carbohydrates, 35% proteins, and 25% fats. This is essential to help the body function properly and maintain good health.
3. Maintain a healthy weight – With a balance diet, we can help maintain a healthy weight. We need to eat wisely, and if you snack, choose those that provide healthy nutrients. For example, have nuts instead of pastry. All nuts have nutritional value of good fats and fibre, which boosts healthy diet; whereas cakes, ice-creams, donuts and other wheat or flour stuffs consist of refined sugar which turn into fats deposits once digested. It is important that we have a lean healthy body.
4. Reduce or control your stress – All of us live a stressful lifestyle and we need to know how to de-stress. Prolong stress can lead to sicknesses like mental illness or depression. We need to unwind during our day off from work and engage in activities like sports, go to the movie, and engage in healthy leisure like shopping. This is to help alleviate the stressful lifestyle, and balance it up with good healthy activities.
5. Drink at least 6 to 8 cups of water per day – Water makes up 60% of fluid in our body; we need water in order to prevent dehydration. We can go without food for days, but we cannot survive without water. Drinking adequate drinking water daily helps maintain the fluid level in our body and helps us in our bowel movement too.
6. Reduce your salt intake – We need salt for our food to taste good. However, too much salt leads to sickness like high blood pressure. We need to monitor our salt intake to one teaspoon a day; more than that would be harmful.
Take these six steps with a stride and you will lead a healthy and ageless lifestyle.